Cookies

The cookie settings on this website are set to ‘allow all cookies’. Leaving your settings to ‘allow all cookies’ means you consent to a website remembering your preferences. If you prefer a website to not remember your preferences, you can change your settings at any time by changing the privacy settings of your browser.

how to save water

Tools for schools

Water for Life Competition

"Refill, Reuse!" Competition

NI Water wish to invite your school to participate in Northern Ireland Water’s (NI Water) Annual Schools Competition "Refill, Reuse!"


What is required

Tap versus bottled has become an important debate in recent years and the issue of single use plastics has become extremely topical with the ‘blue planet’ effect. Bottled water has experienced a boom in recent years resulting in large numbers of plastic waste. On average only 10% of water bottles are actually recycled. The other 90% end up in landfill or littering the environment. This is causing a dramatic effect in our water environments.

The competition will focus on designing a poster to encourage the public to refill their reusable water bottles with tap water instead of buying single use plastic bottles.



Who can enter?

This competition is open to all Primary Schools in Northern Ireland for pupils in Primary five to seven with a category for Special Needs Schools.


Fantastic prizes in each age category!

Primary 5, 6 and 7 and Special Needs

1. First prize - £250 donation for the winning school in each category/ with a “goody bag” for winning pupil.
2. Second prize -£150 donation for the winning school in each category/ with a “goody bag” for winning pupil.
3. Third prize - £100 donation for the winning school in each category/ with a “goody bag” for winning pupil.

The deadline for entry is Friday 3rd May 2019 by 5pm.


For details of how to enter, see the competition instructions below.

Good Luck!


Competition Information


Can't find what you're looking for? Visit the Need our Help or FAQ section