NI Water Delivers Winter Advice at Age Friendly Conference
11 December 2019 15:33
Hosted by Lisburn and Castlereagh Council, NI Water met with the public to discuss how they can prepare their home for winter. Receiving a stop tap tag, a bright yellow tag designed to loop around a stop valve, making it easy to find in an emergency, a thermal mug and ‘top tips’ such as:
• Wrap up pipes and water tanks with lagging – high street DIY stores have everything you need.
• Fix dripping taps – even a small trickle can result in a frozen pipe.
• Find your property’s stop tap and make sure you can turn it off – most are under the kitchen sink.
• Leave the heating on low if you go away for a winter break.
• Check your central heating boiler has been serviced – it should be serviced annually.
• Keep the name of a plumber handy – type in your postcode at www.watersafe.org.uk to find your nearest accredited plumbing business