Under the Water Supply (Water Quality) Regulations (NI) 2007 (SR 147) and amendments
This form can be used to apply for the replacement of an existing lead pipe for separately occupied units or properties situated on the same development, road or street, placing a similar demand/supply requirement on our water network.
The replacement connection must be at the same location as the existing supply, if not, there may be a charge for this service.
Please ensure completion of all sections, as any missing information may result in the delay/return of your application. Please refer to our guidance notes before completing your application.
You need to carry out the following work at your own expense:
- lay a new service pipe to the boundary of your property
- Carry out any necessary internal plumbing work.
NIW will carry out the necessary work from the boundary of the property to the watermain in the footpath/road. Under no circumstances will NIW or contractor(s) working on their behalf, carry out work within private property. Lead pipe replacement is free of charge on a like for like basis only.
- Applicant Details: named applicant will be contacted by NI Water
- Current Connection Location
- Size of Existing Connection
- Street works Licence
Before submitting your application, please ensure that you have completed all relevant sections and the requirements below have been included.
- Site Location Plan 1:1250 / 1:2500 map (LPS ACE map will suffice) with the preferred connection point and site boundary clearly indicated in red and relative to an existing feature. Any other land owned by the applicant should be shown with a blue line around its boundaries, and if a public right of way exists within or adjoining the site, it should be outlined in green. Maps / layouts greater than A3 must be submitted in PDF format to waterline[AT]niwater[DOT]com.
- Street Works Licence (if applicable)
Returning completed forms
Please return the completed application form to:
Northern Ireland Water
Customer Relations Centre
P.O. Box 1026
Telephone: 03458 770 003
For more information on how NI Water lawfully processes personal data please view our Privacy Notice at; https://www.niwater.com/privacy/