NI Water Annual Report Details Improved Service and Lower Bills for Customers
13 September 2016 0:01NI Water Annual Report Details Improved Service and Lower Bills for Customers
NI Water has published its annual report for 2015/16 detailing a period of increased efficiency, improved service and lower bills for its customers.
NI Water CEO, Sara Venning comments:
“Recognising the important role NI Water plays in supporting health, safeguarding the environment and promoting a strong regional economy, I’m delighted to bring forward this report setting out another strong year of business performance.
“We have just completed the first year of our six year business plan, a strong ambitious plan designed to bring services in Northern Ireland in line with best in class across the industry.
“We have been leading the challenge on doing more for customers with fewer resources and this report sets out best ever levels of service at a lower cost. Since NI Water was established in 2007, we have had one constant aspiration - to deliver high quality water and wastewater services to all our customers for less money.
“While the necessary investment has been underfunded in the first two years of our current six year price control, there is an opportunity to deliver planned service improvements, outputs and efficiencies if the underfunding is addressed during the next four years to 2021.”
The report coincides with the first year of a six year price control period. Among the many highlights were:
- Continued investment in our water and wastewater infrastructure to support our health, economy and the natural environment - £1.9billion has been invested since 2007/08;
- Providing the best ever levels of service for our customers at a lower cost;
- Delivering near record levels of water and wastewater compliance supporting some of the best bathing waters in Europe;
- Running costs reduced by a further £5.4 million in 2015/16 contributing to a £65million reduction in the annual cost of providing our services since 2009/10. The efficiency gap between NI Water and the leading English and Welsh water companies has been reduced from 49% in 2007 to 13%; and
- Continuing to keep bills affordable for our customers – taking into account inflation, our non-domestic customers are paying 12% less, on average, for their water and sewerage services than they did four years ago.
Copies of the Annual Report can be obtained online at http://www.niwater.com/reports/
For further information, please contact NI Water’s Press Office on 02890 354710 or email firstname.lastname@example.org