AONB Amateur Photography Competition 2024 Calendar
01 December 2022 14:59
Do you love taking photos? Let your picture tell a story about your favourite scene.
Your photo could be featured in two local 2024 calendars. A number of prizes are also up for grabs!
As part of the Mourne Wall Centenary Celebrations, NI Water are delighted to partner with local Councils and Agencies responsible for the Ring of Gullion, Strangford and Lecale and Mourne Areas of Outstanding Natural Beauty for a joint amateur photography competition. This is an opportunity to have your photo selected to be in not one but two calendars for 2024: the AONB Annual Calendar and the Mourne Wall Centenary Celebration Calendar.
This year’s theme is “Mourne Gullion Strangford, Water & Nature Through the Seasons in the AONBs”, providing plenty of scope for you to take some fantastic photos at anytime of the year!
The competition launches on 1st December 2022 and closes on 18th August 2023.
Find out more information at
T&C listed on the Ring of Gullion website.
Notes to Editors:
For further information, please contact NI Water Press Office on email email@example.com.
- Mourne Wall was hand built by the Belfast Water Commissioners between 1904 and 1922 to mark and protect the 9,000-acre water catchment which feeds the Silent Valley and Ben Crom Reservoirs, the wall has been a listed building since 1996 and today is in the ownership of NI Water. It runs for 18 miles across 12 mountains.
- The joint calendar is part of a series of celebrations for the centenary being held by NI Water.
- If you enter a photograph into the Mournes category and are over 18 years old, your entry will be entered into the competition for both calendars, both the AONB and the Mourne Centenary Calendars. See the Competition rules for further information.
- This photography competition gives amateur photographers of all ages, across the three AONBs a great way to showcase their love of their areas through high-quality beautiful photography. We want to inspire everyone to enjoy the AONBs, by encouraging everyone to share their two passions: the beauty of the area and photography.
- The theme is open to individual interpretation. You might choose to photo wildlife (which includes animals and plants), landscapes, or even the weather.
- Visit https://www.ringofgullion.org/gallery-category/photography-competition/ to see photos entered and winners in the past few years.
- The Photography Competition will run until the 18th August 2023.
AONB Calendar – Prizes will be awarded to winners of the under and over 18 category winners. A runner-up or second prize will also win a prize in over the 18 category.
- 1st prize over 18yrs old – £100 cheque, printed framed photograph, Silent Valley 10-year Family Pass winner, 100-year Pin Badge
- 2nd prize over 18yrs old – £50 cheque, Silent Valley 1-year Family Pass winner, 100-year Pin Badge
- 1st prize under 18 yrs old – £50 cheque, Silent Valley Family Day pass, NI Water Goody bag,100 yr Pin badge
Mourne Wall 100 Year Celebration Calendar – Prizes will be awarded to 1st and 2nd places in the over 18yr old category.
- 1st prize over 18yrs old – printed framed photograph, Silent Valley 10-year Family Pass winner, 100-year Pin Badge
- 2nd prize over 18yrs old – Silent Valley 1-year Family Pass winner, 100-year Pin Badge
- All prize winners will be invited to an Award Ceremony at Silent Valley.
Prize money kindly donated by Ards and North Down Borough Council and Newry, Mourne and Down District Council.