The cookie settings on this website are set to ‘allow all cookies’. Leaving your settings to ‘allow all cookies’ means you consent to a website remembering your preferences. If you prefer a website to not remember your preferences, you can change your settings at any time by changing the privacy settings of your browser.

how to save water

Services for developers


This page contains all the information needed to connect to the public watermain, requisition a public watermain or divert a public watermain for your property or development. You will also find information on how to rent a standpipe.

Guidance is also provided on building near a public watermain.

Each type of activity is in the table below which contains both the application form and guidance notes.

Please note, Northern Ireland Water reserves the right to change, amend and update Guidance Notes and Application Forms on an ongoing basis. It is advisable to check out the current version online prior to making a new application.

Can't find what you're looking for? Visit the Need our Help section