Help us identify water leaks across our region – big or small. If you spot a leak, down the street, up the alley or round the corner – Please don’t assume we know about it, please tell us so we can fix it fast. If it is some distance from private property, it is likely to be a leak from our own supply network.
If you see a leak please let us know in the quickest way possible:
- Contact Leakline free of charge on 0800 028 2011. Lines are open 24 hours/day, 7 days/week.
- For emergencies or issues requiring urgent attention, please contact Waterline by telephone on 03457 440088. Lines are open 24 hours/day, 7 days/week.
The more information you can give us the quicker we can identify and fix the leak.
Things to tell us:
- Location of the leak – full address if possible and whether it’s in the road, pavement etc.
- How bad the leak is i.e. is it a trickle, flow or burst.
- How long has it been leaking.
- If the leak is causing a hazard i.e. a slip hazard or causing pedestrians to walk in the road.
- Your contact details so we can call back if we need to.
Our next steps:
When a leak is reported to us, we will take the following action:
- We will send one of our technicians to investigate.
- We will work out where the leak is coming from, which is sometimes in a different location from where the water is visible. We may also leave markings on the ground – generally blue spray paint – to help our repair teams, and tell the public that we will be doing work at that location.
- Sometimes repairs take longer than we’d like, as we need to complete numerous checks and tests, and work with the relevant local authority to minimise disruption to our customers and local traffic.
Please click on the link for information on Who is responsible for repairing leaks.