NI Water advice for Property Owners to secure your premises
01 March 2018 12:18
NI Water is appealing to property owners to be extra vigilant and secure buildings in advance of the expected cold weather period.
There are lots of simple things to do to prepare for a cold snap:
- Wrap up pipes and water tanks with lagging.
- Fix dripping taps – even a small trickle can result in a frozen pipe.
- If it is safe to do so, check empty properties over the weekend for burst pipes.
- Find your property’s stop valve and make sure you can turn it off – in large buildings there may be more than one, make sure they are all working and can be turned off if needed.
- Leave the heating on low if the building is going to close for a few days.
- The most up-to-date information on areas experiencing disruption will be found on our website www.niwater.com. This includes a full postcode search facility for customers.
- The Customer Relations Centre is available to customers on a 24 hours a day / 365 days a year through Waterline 03457 440088.
- Detailed information on keeping safe and useful contact numbers is available on the nidirect.gov.uk website.