NI Water is a transparent and open organisation. We publish a great deal of continually updated information about what we do on this Internet site, which you can access by using the search facility clearly marked on each page. However, there may be other issues about which you would like further information and, in this part of our site, we explain how you can get such information.
In order to comply with the Freedom of Information Act 2000, NI Water routinely publishes information whenever possible. The Information Commissioner, who is responsible for monitoring and enforcing compliance with the Freedom of Information Act 2000, has drawn up a Model Publicataion Scheme for the main public sectors.
The Commissioner has also published a Definition Document for wholly-owned companies which are public authorities for the purpose of the Freedom of Information Act. NI Water has adopted and formally committed to this Scheme and based our own Publication Scheme on this model. If you cannot find information through the search engine and we have indicated in the definition document that the information is routinely available, this may be because the information cannot be uploaded onto our Internet Site. In such circumstances, please contact waterline[AT]niwater[DOT]com and ask for the information.
- You can formally submit a Freedom of Information request by emailing waterline[AT]niwater[DOT]com and stating your specific query or question(s).
- You can also request information under the Data Protection Act 2018 and General Data Protection Regulation, which, among other things, gives you access to your own personal information.
- The Environmental Information Regulations 2004, which give you access to environmental information held by NI Water.
NI Water has produced a Public information leaflet on both FOI requests and EIR requests, which you should read before submitting a request. A list of associated documents within each publication 'class' is available.
- Who we are and what we do
Information on NI Water roles and responsibilities, organisational structure, career opportunities, etc.
- What we spend and how we spend it
Financial information about our income and expenditure.
- What are our priorities and how are we doing
Information on our strategies and our Annual Report and Accounts.
- How we make decisions
Minutes from Meetings of NI Water's Executive Team and Board.
- Our policies and procedures
Information on our policies and procedures for delivering our services and conducting our business.
- Lists and registers
Includes notable Freedom of Information requests received by NI Water.
- The services we offer
Information about the services we provide, including news releases and advice for domestic and non-domestic customers.