The cookie settings on this website are set to ‘allow all cookies’. Leaving your settings to ‘allow all cookies’ means you consent to a website remembering your preferences. If you prefer a website to not remember your preferences, you can change your settings at any time by changing the privacy settings of your browser.

Services for developers
and housebuilders

Whether you’re planning a small extension to your property or a large scale development we’re here to help.

Northern Ireland Water recognises the importance of supporting development and regeneration and confirms its commitment to delivery of services for householders and developers. We recognise the importance of working closely with you as the developer to provide workable solutions to your water and wastewater needs.

Who are Developer Services?

Developer Services are responsible for the provision of services associated with all aspects of development and housebuilding including first time service appraisal, diversions of watermains and sewers, watermains in new development, adoption of sewerage systems in new developments and dealing with watermain and sewer requisitions.

How to Contact Us

Development related queries should be emailed to developerservices[AT]niwater[DOT]com or posted to NI Water, Developer Services Co-ordination Team, Ballykeel Office, 188 Larne Road, Ballymena, BT42 3HA.

If you require further assistance please contact Developer Services Coordination Team via 03457 440088 (Mon-Fri, 09:00 to 16:30, excluding Public / Bank holidays)

Escalations Process

In the event that you have an un-resolved development related issue, you can escalate your query. Details of our escalations process can be found here.


This section contains information needed to help you apply for a pre-development enquiry, development encroachment –odour assessment and records requests. You will also find guidance on the submission of digital format drawings of proposed site layouts.

Learn More


Whether you want to install a new water connection or are planning to build near a watermain, we can help you every step of the way. Our forms contain all the information needed to obtain a water supply to a property or development. Each type of activity contains the application form and guidance notes.

Learn More


This contains all the information needed to obtain a consent to build over a public sewer, to connect to a public sewer, requisition a public sewer or divert a public sewer for your property or development.

Learn More

Our charges and fees

Details of all the relevant fees relating to the applications for Development Services. Our charges for pre development enquiries, water connections, sewerage (wastewater) connections, and infrastructure changes can be found here.

Learn More

Can't find what you're looking for? Visit the Need our Help section