Under Articles 79 and 104 of the Water and Sewerage Services (Northern Ireland) Order 2006 (As amended, Water & Sewerage Services Act (Northern Ireland) 2016).
Separation of an existing supply application can be used:
- to apply for separate water connections up to 25mm in external diameter for two or more separately occupied units or properties situated on the same development, road or street and will place the same demand/supply requirement on our water network.
- and where the supply has been and will continue to be used for Domestic purposes only
This form should not be used in circumstances:
- where the property has been or is being developed and split into separately occupied units/dwellings, or if commercial premises are involved. Under those circumstances, a New Connection application must be submitted. A separation request for 32mm or greater will require a new connection application and incur costs.
The application form relates to separation of existing current domestic supplies and where these supplies will continue to be used for Domestic purposes only. If your existing pipe and the communication pipe is lead, the work will be carried out free of charge.
Please ensure all sections in the application form are completed as missing information may result in the delay/ return of your application.
You need to carry out the following work at your own expense:
- lay a new service pipe to the boundary of your property
- ensure you have all necessary wayleaves/easements for any third-party lands (Under no circumstances will NIW or contractor(s) working on their behalf carry out work within private property).
- carry out any necessary plumbing to ensure supply to others served by the common/shared supply pipe is not interrupted
NIW will carry out the necessary work from the boundary of the property to the watermain in the footpath/road.
- Applicant Details: named applicant will be contacted by NI Water
- Standard Industrial Classification Code (SIC Code) (if applicable)
- Owner Details (if different from applicant)
- Existing Connection Location and description of how the pipework is shared with others
- Reasons for Application
- Existing arrangement sketch
- Properties to be separated from existing connection
- Size of connection required
- Special Requirements
- Street works Licence
- Planning Service details/Building Control details
All applications MUST include the following:
- Site Location Plan 1:1250 / 1:2500 map (LPS ACE map will suffice) with the preferred connection point and site boundary clearly indicated in red and relative to an existing feature. Any other land owned by the applicant should be shown with a blue line around its boundaries, and if a public right of way exists within or adjoining the site, it should be outlined in green. Layouts greater than A3 must be submitted in a PDF format to waterline[AT]niwater[DOT]com. Maps
Returning completed forms
Please return the completed application form to:
Northern Ireland Water
Customer Service Centre
P.O. Box 1026
Telephone: 03458 770 003
For more information on how NI Water lawfully processes personal data please view our Privacy Notice at; https://www.niwater.com/privacy/