The Sustainable Catchment Area Management Planning Northern Ireland (SCaMP NI) project aims to improve the quality and reliability of the water through sustainable catchment-based solutions that focus on protecting and enhancing the natural environment. We aim to use fewer chemicals and energy to treat drinking water, which is good news for our customers and our beautiful environment.
• NI Water operate 23 Water Treatment Works to produce quality water to our customers.
• NI Water own over 9400 hectares in catchment areas.
• In drinking water catchment areas there are over a million hectares to manage.
• SCaMP NI manages natural resources sustainably to protect and enhance water quality.
• We work with stakeholders to promote innovative sustainable solutions to improve raw water quality.
• Where possible we allow public recreational access to enjoy our facilities.
• NI Water encourage biodiversity in our landholdings and protect designated environmental habitats.