Silent Valley – Summary of Entry Charges
- Car- £5.00
- Mini Bus - £13.00
- Coach - £35.00
- Pedestrian - £1.60
- Child - £0.60p
- Motor Bike - £2.50
- A contactless system is also available as an alternative to paying with cash.
- The reservoir grounds are open daily from 10am until 6pm (April-Oct) and 10am until 4pm (Nov-March)
- There is currently capacity for 120 cars - this will be on a first come first served basis and no access will be permitted once the site is at capacity. If anyone parks in an unsafe manner on public roads, they may get ticketed by the police.
- Signage will be in place for everyone’s safety and we encourage visitors to adhere to the signage at all times and follow social distancing.
- Camping and the use of E-scooters are not permitted at Silent Valley.
Mourne Wall Centenary
This year, 2022, marks the one-hundredth anniversary of the completion of the Mourne Wall construction; a remarkable feat of craftmanship that has stood the test of time and harsh conditions over the century. Work on the wall began in 1904 and took 18-years to complete, providing a boundary for the 9,000-acre water catchment area that supplies the Silent Valley and Ben Crom reservoirs.
100 words for the Mourne wall - The Stone Men by WGH 20/2/22
We are holding a number of special events and activities throughout 2022 and 2023 to celebrate this amazing feat.
Mourne Wall time capsule project
Several time capsules will be placed in the wall during upgrades taking place throughout September and October. If you would like to be part of this and place a memory within the wall contact education[AT]niwater[DOT]com
AONB Amateur Photography Competition
Do you love taking photos? Let your picture tell a story about your favourite scene.
Your photo could be featured in two local 2024 calendars. A number of prizes are also up for grabs!
Silent Valley Trails
Enjoy the tranquillity of silent Valley Mountain Park in the heart of the Mourne Mountains. Follow a trail to submerge in the beauty of the park. Find out about the industrial heritage which gave rise to the magnificent dams and shaped the surrounding landscape.